Search found 1041 matches

by Pooka
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:44 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Clue objects they shouldn't have left behind
Replies: 2
Views: 38

Re: Clue objects they shouldn't have left behind

I've always been interested in the item choices of Series 2, Team 7. There were given a hint (told outright, really) that they needed a bone to give to Mildread, which they didn't have. However, she did nevertheless accept the potion named "Potion" in its stead, which I found odd. She also them gave...
by Pooka
Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:34 pm
Forum: Series 4
Topic: Series 4 Episode 6
Replies: 11
Views: 8662

Re: Series 4 Episode 6

Mixed performance against Dooris. They got away with a mistake. A man-of-war is a jellyfish, not actually a fish. Actually, it's neither! The Portuguese man o'war is a siphonophore - effectively a colony of organisms living together as one - as opposed to being a true jellyfish (which is a single o...
by Pooka
Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:07 am
Forum: Series 2
Topic: Series 2 - Episode 16
Replies: 38
Views: 27972

Re: Series 2 - Episode 16

Bizarre description of the mechanical warrior: a guard with a fishing rod with a hard ball on the end. ;D That would be called a morning star. That's more a description of the actor playing him, rather than the character himself! :green: There was a discussion about the Automatum's weapon a while a...
by Pooka
Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:35 am
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: The Knightmare Vending Machine
Replies: 12
Views: 9296

Re: The Knightmare Vending Machine

You notice that the machine is having trouble dispensing your item, so you grab and pull it out. It's a chunky, frayed rope, which you swear you've seen on the floor in the Dwarf Tunnels from series 6 and 7. The machine splutters as you unspool the rope, clearly not built for something any more than...
by Pooka
Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:17 am
Forum: Series 2
Topic: Series 2 - Episode 11
Replies: 69
Views: 47072

Re: Series 2 - Episode 11

I've been thinking about this one recently, oddly enough. I assume if they had abandoned Gretel and saved the "FREE" spell for themselves, it would have counted against them as they were in "losing-status" without the "MEDAL" spell. I hadn't even considered the fact that the team didn't have the MED...
by Pooka
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:15 pm
Forum: Series 5
Topic: Series 5 - Episode 10
Replies: 60
Views: 44741

Re: Series 5 - Episode 10

I've been watching Series 5 during lockdown and noted a couple of things during viewing this one: - There's an audible thunk just before Jenna leaves the Blocker room. I wonder if she walked into a wall, or if this was just someone dropping something, or a microphone blip? - One advisor correctly re...
by Pooka
Sun May 17, 2020 3:13 pm
Forum: Reminds me of Knightmare
Topic: Cyberzone
Replies: 12
Views: 11373

Re: Re:Cyberzone

I have indeed investigated. It's quite slow and clunky in places, and I'm struggling to see exactly how to retain control of your 'borg; the vehicles seem completely superfluous, as they also look difficult to control and easy for a 'borg to get around! Nevertheless, the VR is good for its time, and...
by Pooka
Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:35 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Losing status v cause of demise
Replies: 2
Views: 530

Re: Losing status v cause of demise

Great analysis, David. This is the sort of thing I could spend hours discussing! I suppose it's one of the reasons Knightmare is so engaging decades after its end - the sort of speculation that can go on. I want to pick up on one of your points from Series 8: The third, Quest 4, has an element of un...
by Pooka
Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:02 pm
Forum: Series 7
Topic: Series 7 - Episode 10
Views: 23872

Re: Series 7 - Episode 10

You're right; with no way of knowing if there were any more rooms following the Trial by Spikes (and, if so, how many), it's impossible to guess. My guess of DICE was based on the idea that whatever was in the room with two stools was needed to complete a spell in its entirety. I don't think that th...
by Pooka
Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:41 pm
Topic: Series 7 - Episode 10
Views: 23872

Re: Re:Series 7, Team 5: What did they do wrong?

Once a team makes a wrong decision (e.g. taking incorrect clue items, failure to get a spell from a character, whatever) they'll simply be killed off in the next room rather than allow events to play out and be killed by the mistake they actually made. That's true. I remember Tim talking at some po...
by Pooka
Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:18 pm
Forum: Reminds me of Knightmare
Topic: Unintended Knightmare references in books
Replies: 11
Views: 10024

Re: Unintended Knightmare references in books

I've recently found out that there's actually a series of children's books called "Knightmare!". They are about a young boy training to be a knight. Presumably, he's already earned his Silver Spurs of Squiredom.
by Pooka
Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:36 am
Topic: Pooka
Replies: 1
Views: 835

Re: Pooka

It depends which pooka you're talking about. There's a memorable credits sequence that features a pooka in Series 6, but I seem to remember (although I may be wrong; it's hazy) one appearing during the Series 5 closing sequence? The Series 4/5 pookas (or "hauntings"), I always thought, had a scarier...
by Pooka
Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:20 am
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Anglia end screen
Replies: 5
Views: 3545

Re: Anglia end screen

*squints*

Oh, yes...

It's easier to see if you tilt your head to the right a bit. But now I'm never going to not see it.
by Pooka
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:44 pm
Forum: Bring Back Knightmare
Topic: Challenge TV 'talked endlessly' about bringing back Knightmare
Replies: 8
Views: 4617

Re: Challenge TV 'talked endlessly' about bringing back Knightmare

When was Knightmare even on freeview regularly ? I think maybe six, seven years ago but even then it was only one or two episodes back to back. Not nearly enough to satisfy real enthusiasts of the show. :( A few years back - and the actual date escapes me somewhat but I'm thinking 2013 - Challenge ...
by Pooka
Thu May 02, 2019 6:32 pm
Forum: Real Life Meetups
Topic: Blackpool meetup in June-August 2019?
Replies: 55
Views: 16885

Re: Blackpool meetup in June-August 2019?

I did indeed go to the previous Blackpool meetup as per Alan's list, but I don't plan on going to this one, so I don't have any opinion about dates.